Importing Old Lyris Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Old Lyris Posts

Our vBulletin community is (happily) replacing an old Lyris email-based user forum.

We want to import three years of the posts into an "Archive" forum that will allow users to search, etc. for old posts. We have full access to the server where the posts reside and they are in a SQL database.

I have three questions:
    1. What is the preferred format that we should export the data from the old database?
    2. I have access to DBAs and developers to do the import. What will they need to know?
    3. Can anyone point me/us in the right direction for accomplishing this? Either online documentation or someone's web site or...

I've tried searching but, since I am not familiar with the export/import process, I am not sure what to search for.

Also, is there a way to import existing users from the Lyris system into the vBulletin community?

As always, thanks so much for the great assistance I get here.

Rob

We don't have specific documentation to help you develop your own importer. If you are writing your own importer then there is no required format for your source data. The format is whatever is most convenient for your devs. Of course the data must eventually be written to vBulletin's MySQL database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X