Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

phrase errors after upgrades

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • phrase errors after upgrades

    We upgraded to version 3.7.3 PL1 with no problem.

    We were working on mysql 4.0.23

    Everything worked fine and well, but then we needed to have the server upgrade mysql to version 5.x

    Upon the upgrade completion the board came up OK, but then we started to experience problems all over:

    When a user logs in to the board, or to the Admin Control panel, we get in the redirection page the following message:

    Could not find phrase 'login'.

    I was told that other errors were happening, yet this is the one that I've experienced myself.

    Any pointers?


    EDIT:

    I've sent myself a PM and got an email with: Could not find phrase 'pmreceived'.


    This is getting to be very disturbing.


    -Sup.
    Last edited by SupermanInNY; Sun 12th Oct '08, 11:47am.

  • #2
    You need to upload all the 3.7.3 files and run 'install/finalupgrade.php'. You need to make sure that version 3.7.3 is showing in the upper right hand corner of the page. If it's not, then you have not uploaded all the vB 3.7.3 files.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Steve,

      Your suggested solution helped identify the source problem:

      Database error in vBulletin 3.7.3:

      Invalid SQL:

      DELETE FROM vb3_phrase
      WHERE product IN ('vbulletin', '')
      AND fieldname = 'cphelptext'
      AND languageid = -1;

      MySQL Error : Incorrect key file for table './hdomaino_forum1/vb3_phrase.MYI'; try to repair it
      Error Number : 126
      Request Date : Monday, October 13th 2008 @ 02:27:10 AM
      Error Date : Monday, October 13th 2008 @ 02:27:11 AM
      Script : http://mydomain.com/forums/install/f...ade.php?step=2
      Referrer : http://mydomain.com/forums/install/f...ade.php?step=1
      IP Address : 1.2.37.45
      Username :
      Classname : vb_database
      MySQL Version : 5.0.67-community-log

      Checking mysql.err file showed that:

      081013 2:31:10 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Table './hdomaino_forum1/vb3_phrase' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
      (END)


      I ran myisamchk -r vb3_phrase and all is now working fine.
      I continued the installation process (the next 3 steps left for the upgrade), but essentially it was not necessary as the board was already upgraded.
      The 'root' of the problem was the upgrade of the server's mysql engine from verion 4.0 to 5.x

      But, issue now resolved

      Thanks,

      -Sup.

      Comment

      Loading...
      Working...
      X