Can't select both image verification & Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't select both image verification & Q&A

I see it is suggested that admins enable both image verification as well as the Q&A. It also seems that one should create multiple Q&A's.

Under 3.7 vB options>Human Verification options>Human Verification library, I can either select Image Verification, or Question and Answer verification, but not more than any one.

So how do I enable both, and where do I put the multiple questions and answer in?

You can't choose more than one Human Verification manager option.
    However, it has been suggested to allow us to be able to.

You also cannot have more than one question/answer combination.
    If you'd like, you can suggest such functionality in the Suggestions forum.

Regards,
    Nick

Comment

I recommend adding this: Add an extra question to the registration to prevent bot registrations
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Under regular expression, aside from choosing the correct letter, upper and lower case do I actually type in this whole string?:

^[mM]$

And what would a screencap of all this look like so I may better understand what potential registrants will see and have to do?

Comment

That is just an example for that question. Make up your own question. And if the answer is something like 'boogers' then simply add this to the regex: boogers
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok, but to the upper and lower case letters, I still bracket them with the characters: ^[ ]$

Comment

I added this as described in the link provided yet when I registered as a test user I only seen the image verification and not the question that I put in there. What did I do wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Kosmo View Post
                I added this as described in the link provided yet when I registered as a test user I only seen the image verification and not the question that I put in there. What did I do wrong?

Ok, I figured out how to get the question to show up on the registration however now its showing the answer for the question in the field.

Comment

Got this finally working however I see the question in their profiles even though its marked as not supposed to show up.

Also I have people registering that for some reason are not going into moderation. It's like they register but obviously have no privelages and I can't moderate them either since they aren't in there.

Any soloutions?

Comment