Intermittent Page Cannot be Displayed Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Page Cannot be Displayed Error

Some of my users are complaining that they are getting the "Page Cannot be Displayed" error intermittently. I have trouble nailing that problem because

1. It never happens in my computer. So, I respond back saying that something is wrong with their internet connection and that they should check it with their ISP.

2. My members respond saying that they don't face this problem with any other website other than mine. If their internet connection is the issue, they should face this problem with many websites, not mine alone. So, my user's contention is that something is wrong with my site.

3. My webhost is saying that when this error happens the request didn't even hit the server and hence they have no way of troubleshooting.

Have anyone faced this situation before and resolved it? Thank you.
    IndusLady
    Indian Ladies Discussion Board | Indian Women Online Community

That sounds like some kind of intermittent connectivity problem with your web site... at least for those specific users. The page request may be intermittently failing for any number of reasons. If you don't have the problem then it's probably an issue with their computer / internet connection. There probably isn't much you can do.

Comment

Hi,

This one may be a long shot. But I had a similar problem long ago that turned out to be caused by extraneous, non-printing characters at the beginning of my config.php (added when editing with Wordpad)

Fixing config.php resolved my issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X