removing the edited by msg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing the edited by msg.

I have gone in and changed the option to not show this for the admin group, but it still shows. Is there anywhere else it could be pulling this setting from?

It does not remove it for posts that already have this. You'd have to edit those posts again manually and make sure you leave no 'reason'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I understand that, thanx. but right after making the change I posted and edited it and it showed edited by

then I edited an old post and it showed.

I havent made any changes and now it seems to be ok. weird... seems like others have mentioned changes fixing themselves. I know thats not the case, but would love to know why.

Comment

Assuming you set the permissions correctly, then either:

1. You are leaving a reason.
        2. You are in more than one usergroup and another usergroup has this set to 'Yes', or
        3. You have an add-on causing this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was in registered with admin as primary, but wouldnt admin permissions override registered.

Comment

No. A 'Yes' overrides' a 'No'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

thank you... thats been driving me nuts, as I have users in multiple groups. maybe time to try and simplify a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                It does not remove it for posts that already have this. You'd have to edit those posts again manually and make sure you leave no 'reason'.

I have admins only in the admin group, but when we go back to edit and enter no reason, it does not remove the edited by msg.

Comment

That does not happen with the default vB except as I've already noted. If you have followed all those instructions then this is from an add-on.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Remove Last Edited By

Ok so if you have done all the above and need to remove the "Last Edited By USER" at the bottom of the post on an existing post... how do you do that?

Comment

How do we remove the "Last Edited By" from a specific post or thread via the database?

Doug

Comment

Nevermind, I found it.

Doug

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X