Thanks Kerry-Anne, I switched.

Leave a comment:

• Sophocles
    replied
    Sorry will do.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    Please start your own thread for your issue. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Sophocles
    replied
    3.70 Install issue.

I am trying to upgrade from version 3.53 which I ad with a previously owned license. I was assuming that config.php was the same for both of them. When I try to install I receive this page that is loaded with information. Like many here I am using godaddy and my previous installs were on an older version of PHP, version 4.3.11. I've tried to upgrade the data base to no avail bcause of its shear size and the requirement to break it up into 2 MB pieces. Should I be attempting to install an older version of vbulletin? BTW, I'm on a godaddy linux server.

http://www.dvdhounds.com/forums/install/upgrade.php4
    Last edited by Sophocles; Tue 7 Oct '08, 10:05am.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    You're on a GoDaddy windows server (you always get this problem if you are on a windows server with GoDaddy). You need to get them to move you to a Linux server in order to run vBulletin as there are configuration issues with their Windows servers which prevent vBulletin from running.

Leave a comment:

• NJHK
    started a topic Issues with install of 3.7

Issues with install of 3.7

Ok, let me admit, this is the first time I'm installing Vbulletin from scratch and I searched throughout the forum to see if there was any explaination on how to get this to work properly.

The manual is great but I ran into a snag...

First note, I am hosted on godaddy. I got all the files uploaded on the server. When running install.php I get a error stating "vBulletin 3.7.3 requires PHP version 4.3.3 or greater. Your PHP is version 4.3.11, please ask your host to upgrade."

Is this something I can update or is this something godaddy has to resolve? I'm assuming myself but I've never done so and not 100% on how to do it correctly. If there are any hints online to give some type of explaination or any help here would be greatly appreciated. I tried a google search but the instructions are for people who have a lot of web mastering experience than my own.

Thanks in advance

- Adam