Clear All

• Wrams
    replied
    Thanks for the link Nick

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrams View Post
    I've just installed the product and then signed in to my secondary account with NO permissions to see if it works...Unfortunately when i posted a link in a thread it still allowed it. I also only have 2 post counts with this account. What should the settings be set at for say 15 posts before you can post links?

Also what other good recommended plug-ins/products are there that would be very useful?
    All plugin/modification inquiries belong at www.vbulletin.org

Leave a comment:

• Wrams
    replied
    I've just installed the product and then signed in to my secondary account with NO permissions to see if it works...Unfortunately when i posted a link in a thread it still allowed it. I also only have 2 post counts with this account. What should the settings be set at for say 15 posts before you can post links?

Also what other good recommended plug-ins/products are there that would be very useful?

Leave a comment:

• toplink
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    That's for signatures -- not posts.

So as Jake said, you cannot do what the OP asked for.

Sorry, you are right. Mis read the post.

Leave a comment:

• MadMax1228
    replied
    That's perfect. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    This modification allows you to disable link-posting based on post-count: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123002

Maybe that could help you?

Leave a comment:

• MadMax1228
    replied
    I sure wish we could. I am trying everything I can to stop new users from spamming and yet keep the board open to non-spammers.

Thanks everyone. I will keep looking for a solution.

In the case last night, he saw his sig was diabled via vBSEO Conditional Sig and still posted a link to a junk forum in his post.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by toplink View Post
    I think you will find you can disable bb code for groups. I have done it.

Admincp/usergroup manager/signature permissions. I have set it up so that only after 10 posts, members get promted to 'regular members' and only regular members and above can use links.
    That's for signatures -- not posts.

So as Jake said, you cannot do what the OP asked for.

Leave a comment:

• toplink
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
    You can only disable BB code in posts for entire forums. You can't do it for individual groups.
    I think you will find you can disable bb code for groups. I have done it.

Admincp/usergroup manager/signature permissions. I have set it up so that only after 10 posts, members get promted to 'regular members' and only regular members and above can use links.

Leave a comment:

• MadMax1228
    replied
    Thanks Jake.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    You can only disable BB code in posts for entire forums. You can't do it for individual groups.

Leave a comment:

• MadMax1228
    started a topic How to prevent new users from posting links

How to prevent new users from posting links

I want to prevent new users from posting links in their first 5 posts. I have a usergoup set up, but can not seem to find the setting that disables their ability to post links.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.