How to prevent new users from posting links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to prevent new users from posting links

I want to prevent new users from posting links in their first 5 posts. I have a usergoup set up, but can not seem to find the setting that disables their ability to post links.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

You can only disable BB code in posts for entire forums. You can't do it for individual groups.

Comment

Thanks Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
        You can only disable BB code in posts for entire forums. You can't do it for individual groups.
        I think you will find you can disable bb code for groups. I have done it.

Admincp/usergroup manager/signature permissions. I have set it up so that only after 10 posts, members get promted to 'regular members' and only regular members and above can use links.

Comment

Originally posted by toplink View Post
          I think you will find you can disable bb code for groups. I have done it.

Admincp/usergroup manager/signature permissions. I have set it up so that only after 10 posts, members get promted to 'regular members' and only regular members and above can use links.
          That's for signatures -- not posts.

So as Jake said, you cannot do what the OP asked for.
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

I sure wish we could. I am trying everything I can to stop new users from spamming and yet keep the board open to non-spammers.

Thanks everyone. I will keep looking for a solution.

In the case last night, he saw his sig was diabled via vBSEO Conditional Sig and still posted a link to a junk forum in his post.

Comment

This modification allows you to disable link-posting based on post-count: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123002

Maybe that could help you?
              Regards,
              Nick

Comment

That's perfect. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  That's for signatures -- not posts.

So as Jake said, you cannot do what the OP asked for.

Sorry, you are right. Mis read the post.

Comment

I've just installed the product and then signed in to my secondary account with NO permissions to see if it works...Unfortunately when i posted a link in a thread it still allowed it. I also only have 2 post counts with this account. What should the settings be set at for say 15 posts before you can post links?

Also what other good recommended plug-ins/products are there that would be very useful?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrams View Post
                      I've just installed the product and then signed in to my secondary account with NO permissions to see if it works...Unfortunately when i posted a link in a thread it still allowed it. I also only have 2 post counts with this account. What should the settings be set at for say 15 posts before you can post links?

Also what other good recommended plug-ins/products are there that would be very useful?
                      All plugin/modification inquiries belong at www.vbulletin.org
                      Regards,
                      Nick

Comment

Thanks for the link Nick

Comment