Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user profile

Hi i just upgrade from 3.6.8 to 3.7.3

Now my users profiles are not showing, but i see user profiles have had some serious changes how do i correct this problem?

my forum www.sareefkeeping.com

my user profile

http://www.sareefkeeping.com/forum/member.php?u=363

all additional info is missing and so is the messenger address's

and i have one public group which i am a member of :P

thanks

From 3.6 to 3.7 major templates have changed.

Revert those templates after making backup of your customized templates first.
    Once it all works, slowly re-apply your customizations back into the new code.

Comment

okay but if i just revert all my templates my site is going to look allot different, how do i not let that happen?

Comment

Open your customized template, make sure you have a backup of it.
        Then click on the left link 'default'
        and compare what isn't working , find what code you need, and apply it from the default to the customized template. Save it and test it.

Comment

i set up test account for you please

user name - test
          password - 12345

look at my home page and then new posts, what did i do?

and i have applied backup

Comment

The style has very little padding or margin, but .. new posts loads fine for me?

Comment

the header is missing from the homepage, it has the VB logo there instead of mine, but on new posts or anywhere else the header is there? any suggestions?

Comment

the header is missing from the homepage, it has the VB logo there instead of mine, but on new posts or anywhere else the header is there? any suggestions?

Comment

I get the vb logo everywhere.

Comment

so how would i have lost my header?

sorry i had wrong template as default!!

Comment

I do not know, I don't know your custom skin or how it was made, or how it looked like.
                      A 3.5 skin won't work on 3.7.3. Well, most likely it will break most 3.7 functionality.

Comment

thanks Floris, please tell me where i can find a good skin from? i dont paying i just want something really nice and that will suit my forum!! google does not bring up very much and neither does vbulletin.org, i have been around the block(or so i feel) looking for a designer who actually replies to an e-mail, or even a link where i can read on how to customise it myself, the forum was built on 3.5 by a designer but he has not got time to redo the forum for me. any help or link with this regard would be much appretiated.

thanks

Comment

is there any way i can merge 2 templates?

Comment

Try searching for vBulletin Skins on Google, or try vBulletin.org.

Comment

google is my best friend i need something customised to suit my forum, the standard skins dont do it for me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X