• Show
Clear All

• _Anubis
    replied
    That's it. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Ah, sorry for misreading your question. To show different depth, change the depths.

You can do so from the Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Forum Display Options, depth default is 2 1 0 or osmething, change it to 2 2 1

Leave a comment:

• _Anubis
    replied
    I allready knew these things. I know how to set it to categry and to add child forums but my subforums don't appear on the frontpage. But I guess something isn't quitte right with my forum. Dank je toch voor je antwoord.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Here's a visual example: http://www.vBulletin-Tutorials.com/m...ddcategory.mov

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    You can have multiple types of forums.

a) A normal forum.

This is where threads are stored, you can have an active and open forum, or a closed one. Or have the forum be below another forum (making it a sub forum).

b) A forum that's a category

This is where you group forums, you can not post in this forum. You add it as a normal forum, but there's one option that says 'act as a normal forum?' set it to no. Because when set to no it will behave as a category. Note, if you do this to an existing forum, make sure you move the threads out of it, they will disappear otherwise.

c) A forum that's a link.

This is a normal forum, but instead of a real normal forum, or a category, it links to an external page. You can link it to for example 'http://www.google.com/' then when users click on that forum, they end up on google.

Leave a comment:

• _Anubis
    started a topic Category and forum linking

Category and forum linking

Hey everbody,

This is something I've been wondering but never know how to do it. If you go on the forum right here. You'll see a category Vbulletin 3.7. When you click on it a list of forums appear. These forums also appear on the frontpage below the category Vbulletin 3.7.

How do you do that? I never found the answer.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X