Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category and forum linking

Hey everbody,

This is something I've been wondering but never know how to do it. If you go on the forum right here. You'll see a category Vbulletin 3.7. When you click on it a list of forums appear. These forums also appear on the frontpage below the category Vbulletin 3.7.

How do you do that? I never found the answer.
    _Anubis

You can have multiple types of forums.

a) A normal forum.

This is where threads are stored, you can have an active and open forum, or a closed one. Or have the forum be below another forum (making it a sub forum).

b) A forum that's a category

This is where you group forums, you can not post in this forum. You add it as a normal forum, but there's one option that says 'act as a normal forum?' set it to no. Because when set to no it will behave as a category. Note, if you do this to an existing forum, make sure you move the threads out of it, they will disappear otherwise.

c) A forum that's a link.

This is a normal forum, but instead of a real normal forum, or a category, it links to an external page. You can link it to for example 'http://www.google.com/' then when users click on that forum, they end up on google.

Comment

Here's a visual example: http://www.vBulletin-Tutorials.com/m...ddcategory.mov

Comment

I allready knew these things. I know how to set it to categry and to add child forums but my subforums don't appear on the frontpage. But I guess something isn't quitte right with my forum. Dank je toch voor je antwoord.
        _Anubis

Comment

Ah, sorry for misreading your question. To show different depth, change the depths.

You can do so from the Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Forum Display Options, depth default is 2 1 0 or osmething, change it to 2 2 1

Comment

That's it. Thanks!
            _Anubis

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X