Deleting multiple users...spambot generated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting multiple users...spambot generated

Is there a way to delete a series of recent users.

I had a spam attack and picked up 25 unwanted new users registered for the board.

And a side question. What kind data are these idiots trying to mine, or is it all done just for yucks?

DougR

1) There seems to be a spam campaign going on the last couple of days. Lots of forums are getting hit.

The ideal is to stop the spam bots from even registering. You can use one of the human verification options:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Human Verification Manager (on the left, not the right)

The Q&A option can be very effective.

On my forum I just moderate all new users. I created a profile field for the registration form which asks them why they want to join.

Note that the "image verification" option isn't very effective anymore since some bots are programmed to read those images.

2) The mass prune for users is in your:

Admin CP -> Users -> Prune / Move Users

But you may find the search criteria limiting for targetting these recent spammers. If there is some other criteria you want to use then you can sometimes run a query, like this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210859

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X