Enable Multi-Quoting? / Edit Thread Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable Multi-Quoting? / Edit Thread Titles

Perhaps I am missing something, and the online vBulletin manual does not even have a listing for this feature

3.7.3 PL1

Multi-Quoting is enabled in the menu, however I don't see the button appear next to the quote button. I only have modified headers on my template, so I don't see anything different there.

I also want to enable my users to edit threads on one forum (and all sub forums) only, I've dug through every menu and have not found any of these settings.

I've worked with vbulletin for quite awhile, although it seems my users are finding features before I am.

Is multi-quoting in the page source? Can you find it in your template? Did you upload the image for it?

For editing threads, go to Forum Permissions > find the forum > click to edit the usergroup in that forum > Can Edit own posts (if that is the option you want to change) > Yes

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Is multi-quoting in the page source? Can you find it in your template? Did you upload the image for it?

For editing threads, go to Forum Permissions > find the forum > click to edit the usergroup in that forum > Can Edit own posts (if that is the option you want to change) > Yes
      What template should it be hiding in? No I have not specifically uploaded any image for it.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellon View Post
        What template should it be hiding in? No I have not specifically uploaded any image for it.
        The multiquote button will show up on the bottom of the postbit and postbit_legacy templates. If you are not using default templates, like you never reverted them when updating your vb version, then you may be missing the code. Also, if you never uploaded the image when you did an upgrade, then it won't be there to be displayed.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          The multiquote button will show up on the bottom of the postbit and postbit_legacy templates. If you are not using default templates, like you never reverted them when updating your vb version, then you may be missing the code. Also, if you never uploaded the image when you did an upgrade, then it won't be there to be displayed.
          ah, I was in fact missing the code.. reverted to the correct templates and all is well.

Thanks a ton!

Comment

Working...
          X