Attachment thumbnails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment thumbnails

In the past when someone attached an image a thumbnail would appear. No all they get is a link. I can't for the life of me find the setting to change this. I am going nuts!

Please help.
    Home of the free, Because of the brave.

Check to make sure your PHP is compiled with GD or that your server has ImageMagick installed and configured:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings

Then set this:

Admin CP -> vBulleitn Options -> Human Verification Manager -> Image Verification -> Image Verification Options

If these are installed you will see images for them. If there are no images there, these are either not installed or you have the wrong path for IM.

If one of those is available and functioning, then check these settings for each extension and make sure it's set to 'Yes':

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager -> Edit -> Display thumbnail for this type?

Then to enable thumbnails:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Thumbnail Creation -> Yes

And finally rebuild thumbnails here:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you. Seems they were all set to no.. Odd...
      Home of the free, Because of the brave.

Comment

I have the same problem, but can't solve with this method. I've noticed that if I upload an image with JPEG extension my visitors can't see any attachment thumbnail, instead if I upload an image with JPG,PNG extension visitors can see attachment thumbnails without any problem. Logged users don't have this problem.

guest view:

Click image for larger version

Name:	29-01-2010 16.25.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	3677864

logged user view:

Click image for larger version

Name:	29-01-2010 16.31.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	3677865

edit: ops, sorry wrong section to post ;( my vbulletin is 4.0.1

edit1: solved, I've incresed the size of the file option to 100k in Attachment Manager, was 20k...
        Last edited by dnk.it; Fri 29th Jan '10, 7:01am.

Comment

Please start your own thread for your own issues in the proper forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X