Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only Staff can Answer (and 1 other question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Staff can Answer (and 1 other question)

Is there a way to make all the threads in a section visable to everyone, but the only people that can reply to a thread posted in there is the staff and the thread starter?

Last question is is there anyway to merge 2 users into one?

Thanks.

I have no clear answer to the first question, I am not at home and don't have access to my resources. But the second question is : admincp > users > merge users > source (old name) target (merge into this one) > submit

Comment

Thank you for your reply, hopefully someone can answer the first one

Comment

Originally posted by Cloverfield View Post
        Is there a way to make all the threads in a section visable to everyone, but the only people that can reply to a thread posted in there is the staff and the thread starter?
        After you've set up your forum, go to Forum Permissions and find it in the list, then go to the usergroup you wish to restrict (Registered Users?) and click to Edit. Make sure Can Reply to Others' Threads is set to No so they may not reply to others threads. Sometimes when admins set up this type of forum, they don't even want users to view other users threads, if so then set Can View Others' Threads to no also. To view the forum though, set Can View Forum to Yes.

(I've always found it best to set it up and then log into my test account in another browser and make sure I really do have it set up the way I think I do!)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Lovely, thank you Lynne.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X