Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to move from the old MySQL database to a new domain url?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move from the old MySQL database to a new domain url?

Hello! Tell me please when moving from one database to another url, how to do so as not to violate the license? Just in the future, perhaps, I plan to move an existing MySQL database to a new domain, but that does not violate the licensing agreement. Tell me how this is done correctly? I still stay in the moment at STROM domain, but in the future, I plan to move from their base at the new domain and url.

The instructions for moving servers are here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/move_servers

If you do not have SSH/Telnet the backup can be created using either phpMyAdmin or through the backup feature in the Admin Control Panel. If your forum is very large, these methods may be unreliable and you may have to get your hosting company to perform the backup for you.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Sorry, I have one question: when moving to another domain with its already existing base on the rules of the license, there will have to buy a new license and pay for it or do not need and can be safely, without violating the rules of the license to move to another domain or when should definitely move to buy its resubmit the new?

Comment

You can change the location of your vBulletin forums just as long as you are only running one copy at a time.

Be sure to update the forum URL in the Members Area under 'License Options':

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve Machol thanks, now I understand.

Comment

Go to the admincp > site url details > set the new url.
            Close the forum, export the database and the files.
            Go to the members' area and set the new url
            Move it to the new URL, import the database into a new database.
            Update the config.php to point to the new database.
            Open the forum.
            Remove the files and database from the old account, or server.

Comment

Hello,

I'm going to be doing this within the next two weeks myself as I move from scancapecod.us to scannewengland.net.

I understand the basic context of the above, and my apologies if I sound like a dummy...but if I don't ask now, I'll look even dumber later.

When you say "export" the files, am I correct that you simply mean to download the vBulletin files in the hierarchy that they exist in to my hard drive, and then go to the new site and upload them the same way?

Other than that I think I'm comfy with the procedure. I wish I could give it a test run in the interim, but as long as I've got the above correct it "should" be relatively painless.

Thanks, folks. Great software and well worth the $$.

Scott

Comment

Yes, you are correct in your understandings.

Also, please always start your own support thread.
                Regards,
                Nick

Comment

Thanks, much appreciated, and sorry to intrude in this thread.

Scott

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X