Limiting [img] File Sizes (width)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limiting [img] File Sizes (width)

On previous versions of vB, I had a hack that would take someone's oversized photo that was posted from a remote server using [img][/img], and reduce it to fit within the boundaries of my fixed width forums. For instance, when someone would post a 1200 pixel wide image on my 750 px wide board, it would previously stretch the post window VERY wide. After the hack, it reduced the photo to fit in whatever area I wanted it in, so that a click would open a new page with the full size image. That hack no longer works with the new 3.7 boards.

Is there something that can control this in the current vB or a new hack out there, or is this a suggestion I should bring up on the Suggestion board here?

doug

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, maybe I'll post this in the Suggestion forum. It's an awfully annoying thing to need to workaround. Blows my Styles out of the water and make them look horrible.

Thanks,

doug

Comment

Working...
      X