security_token_invalid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security_token_invalid?

I have a user complaining of seeing this message, not being able to post any new threads. I wasn't even aware of this message existed in vBulletin. After four years of using the software, this is the first I've heard of it. Can anybody give me a clue what causes this error and how to abrogate it? Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support.

Most of the time we see this error it is due to modifications. Any modifications that try to submit forms to vBulletin files will be affected. Try to reproduce the issue with modifications disabled. If it goes away, they need to ask the modification author for an update. Instructions for modification authors has been released on vB.org.

If you still have the problem, try to reproduce it on an unmodified style. If it goes away, you need to add the securitytoken line to the correct template. At this point, it's probably easiest to revert and redo your customizations.

If it still happens, try to determine if it happens on all pages or just specific actions. If it's just specific actions, it should be reproducable on an unmodified board; if you can reproduce it, please report it as a bug. If it's all pages, then maybe you haven't uploaded all the files. (check maintenance> diagnostic> file suspect

All the best,
    Floris J. M. Fiedeldij Dop
    Technical Support, vBulletin
    Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/

Comment

we don't have any modifications that are submitting forms. I have a feeling it's going to be difficult to troubleshoot, since to this point only one user (to the best of my knowledge) has experienced it. As I said I didn't even know this phrase existed in the software.

Comment

Please see this thread for the steps to resolve this error in 3.7:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268862
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X