Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when uploading profile picture

Hi,
    I am trying to upload a profile picture from another website (another vb forum) and when I do copy the location and try to upload it, I get the error:

This JPEG image has the incorrect file extension.

The URL for the image is:
    http://www.mysite.org/customprofilep...filepic1_5.gif

Why would it give me a JPEG error when it is a gif?

Thanks,

Marcos
    test

Most likely because it's a JPG file that was renamed with a GIF. Try uploading it to this thread.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, it works when I try uploading it to this thread (it appears in the editor right away). It also works when I try uploading it into a thread on my site. Why would it then not allow me to upload it into my profile pic? Thanks.
      test

Comment

I don't know since you have not uploaded the file for me to check.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

here it is:

test

Comment

No it's not.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

not sure what you mean then.
              test

Comment

It's showing now, but you did not upload it. You used the IMG tag.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry. Not I saved it to my computer (right clicking and saving it from by VB forum) and just tried to upload it as an attachment and it says "This JPEG image has the incorrect file extension. " When I uploaded it into my profile it was a jpeg but when I save it, it is now a gif.
                  test

Comment

This means the problem is with that file.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

True, but check out your profile. Try to save your profile pic...the same thing happens...it gets saved with a gif extension even though probably it was a jpeg when you uploaded it. Is this a bug or how VB works?
                      test

Comment

Nonetheless this is a problem with that image. If there was no problem with that image then you would have been able to upload it as an attachment.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I can't upload your profile pic after I save it either. So all images uploaded into your profile pic become unusable after you upload them?
                          test

Comment

No they don't.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X