Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned Users - Spammers

Herro,

This is something that may be doable, I'm not sure, but here we go...

When banning a user, I want their usernames to be moved per say and made invisible to any normal visitors, so they dont appear in the banned section on the member list, listed as a new registration, basically I don't want the usernames to be viewable anywhere. If not possible, then even hide all activities (post/registration) of a particular user group itself, until approved by site admin/moderators.

We have one spammer who is trying to obliterate our vbulletin forum and he's royally ticking us off, making many many usernames throughout the day. Quite frankly it's annoying and tedious to go on and spend ages removing this guys usernames - banning usernames seem pointless. The fact that all messages for non-approved members are moderated seems to not matter - he just loads the other fields in his profile with urls instead, so I'm guessing a bot of some sort. We've enabled captcha and email verification so clearly they're getting around that with no problems.

It's really doing my head in and quite frankly, I'm on the verge of just shutting the forums down entirely. He's wasting my bandwidth, drive space and wasting my time. I've tried to block non-european IPs after spending a huge number of hours adding them to my dedicated servers firewall, but he just simply uses a proxy to get through that.

Please help.

You might consider using this feature:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Banning Options -> Tachy Goes to Coventry

This is like a global ignore, where the user can still post but his posts are invisible to everyone. That way he doesn't know to register again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X