Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to extend announcement...

Hi,

I've just found a problem with the announcements, I went to extend my announcements time, by changing the "End Date" and I clicking save this message came up:

"The begin date cannot fall after the end date"

Even if I extend the date to 2111, the same message appears, has anyone else had this same problem?

Nope. Explain exactly what you are entering so we can test this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Nope. Explain exactly what you are entering so we can test this.
      All I'm doing to trying the extend a previous announcement, I have tried to enter various different dates into the "End Date" column, but it just won't accept it and the same message re-appears.

Comment

Not enough info to try this ourselves.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, please explain to me what more details you need?

Comment

Explain *exactly* what you are doing step-by-step so we can try the exact same thing ourselves.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Explain *exactly* what you are doing step-by-step so we can try the exact same thing ourselves.
              OK, here you go:

I have an announcement already running and I wanted to extend the length of time as it was going to expire.

Here are my movements step-by-step:
              • So, I went into VB Admin Area
              • Clicked on Announcement, then Announcement Manager
              • My current "Announcement" post was located at the top of the Global Announcements section, and then I clicked "Edit"
              • Once inside, I then went to update the "End Date" by entering a later date, then I clicked "Save"
              • After doing so, I get a message saying "The begin date cannot fall after the end date."
              • Even if I place year 2100, I still get the same message.
              I hope this is clear enough.

Comment

What about the obvious factor: the start date?
                Regards,
                Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  What about the obvious factor: the start date?
                  Come on, I'm not stupid.

Comment

I know I can just delete this announcement and open a new one, but this module should work.

Comment

Originally posted by pete2007 View Post
                      Come on, I'm not stupid.
                      I'm glad to hear it

But what about telling us what the start date is set at...
                      Regards,
                      Nick

Comment

If you insist: March 7th 2008

Comment

The system cannot recognize the year 2100. 2030 works fine.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The system cannot recognize the year 2100. 2030 works fine.
                            I have already tried this but I still get the same message, originally I only wanted to extend the announcement by 6 months.

Comment

I used 2030 on my forums just fine. Otherwise I would not have said it worked. If it's not working for you then either you are entering the info wrong, you have a server issue, or you have an add-on that is causing this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X