Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin with UTF-8 - where is the setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Since your vBulletin is new and has only a few posts, I suggest reinstalling it with the UTF-8. However the link provided above also has a tool to convert an existing vBulletin to UTF-8. This tool however is unsupported so use it at your own risk.

UTF-8 is most likely the way forward and converting existing data to another collation can result in data loss so always create backups of your database before attempting any conversions.

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied
    Thank you guys for the links.

What do you think is easier? Convert the existing Wordpress Database into ISO-... or convert vBulletin (already installed & configured) into UTF-8?

What makes more sense?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This link here will tell you how to install vBulletin with UTF-8 support from the start:

http://www.vcharset.com/how-to-start...ning-pid4.html

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    This thread lists all of the relevant settings:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259250

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    started a topic VBulletin with UTF-8 - where is the setting?

VBulletin with UTF-8 - where is the setting?

Hello,

I am going to connect my vBulletin with my Wordpress Weblog using this add-on:
    Complete Wordpress/Vbulletin Bridge - Share Users And Postings - vBulletin.org Forum

As both systems need to be running on the same character encoding and changing Wordpress to ISO-8859-1 would mess up all my german characters (already tried it out) I would like to change vBulletin to UTF-8.

Where can I do this and is it possible without issues?

My vbulletin forums does not have any important postings yet...just 4 or 5.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X