Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin with UTF-8 - where is the setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin with UTF-8 - where is the setting?

Hello,

I am going to connect my vBulletin with my Wordpress Weblog using this add-on:
    Complete Wordpress/Vbulletin Bridge - Share Users And Postings - vBulletin.org Forum

As both systems need to be running on the same character encoding and changing Wordpress to ISO-8859-1 would mess up all my german characters (already tried it out) I would like to change vBulletin to UTF-8.

Where can I do this and is it possible without issues?

My vbulletin forums does not have any important postings yet...just 4 or 5.

This thread lists all of the relevant settings:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259250

Comment

This link here will tell you how to install vBulletin with UTF-8 support from the start:

http://www.vcharset.com/how-to-start...ning-pid4.html
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you guys for the links.

What do you think is easier? Convert the existing Wordpress Database into ISO-... or convert vBulletin (already installed & configured) into UTF-8?

What makes more sense?

Comment

Since your vBulletin is new and has only a few posts, I suggest reinstalling it with the UTF-8. However the link provided above also has a tool to convert an existing vBulletin to UTF-8. This tool however is unsupported so use it at your own risk.

UTF-8 is most likely the way forward and converting existing data to another collation can result in data loss so always create backups of your database before attempting any conversions.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X