User Profile tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Profile tabs

i just recently upgraded to 3.7.3 and the user profile tabs were there earlier today for the users.. But now the about me, statistics, friends tabs are missing, as the Admin i can see them, but others said that they disappeared...

Where is there the setting to control who does or doesnt see this???

Thanks

What i dont understand about my problem is this,,,, When logged in as my ADMIN account i can see the tabs for EVERYONE, but when i use a regular account, or the regular members on my site, they cannot see the tabs any more..

What could cause this? Anyone know how, or where i need to check, code i need to check? anything?????

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by griffinzx10 View Post
      What i dont understand about my problem is this,,,, When logged in as my ADMIN account i can see the tabs for EVERYONE, but when i use a regular account, or the regular members on my site, they cannot see the tabs any more..

What could cause this? Anyone know how, or where i need to check, code i need to check? anything?????

Thanks
      I think i figured out this problem, when using Firefox the tabs can be seen, but when using IE, they cannot.. I Believe that is the problem, any way around it??????

Comment

I still have peopel who say that the profile tabs were working yesterday using IE, and then they were gone.. I saw a few templates in red and reverted them, now i dont know which ones affected this.

Again, can someone please chime in as to what code/template i need to look to resolve this issue?

Comment

Bump...

Anyone??

Comment

The tabs are controlled in the MEMBERINFO template using the vbulletin_tabctrl.js file. If you added new javascript to your installation it can conflict with this. It doesn't matter what template the javascript is added on.

Make sure that all templates that include Javascript are reverted.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne, but i dont know what happened, Using Firefox, i can see it, with my admin account and a regular account, but some of my members were able to see it yesterday, but then lost it...

Is there a setting or a code to fix this???

i dont fully understand this:

If you added new javascript to your installation it can conflict with this. It doesn't matter what template the javascript is added on.

Make sure that all templates that include Javascript are reverted.

Comment

In the style manager, create a new style with no parent. Do the tabs show in this new style? If they do then you need to compare your customized templates with the default ones and that should help you find the error.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne, i did what you mentioned, created a test new style with no parent, and the profile tabs show up in IE, so i guess now i need to compare the code btwn the 2 MEMBERINFO templates right?

Comment

The problem is, the javascript causing the conflict can be anywhere. It could be from the google adsense code you added to the header and wasn't closed properly. It could be from the shoutbox addon that you added. It doesn't have to be in the MEMBERINFO template where the problem is. You need to inspect every customized template on your site to find the error.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

WOW... is there an easy way to do that?? I am guess no?

I was considering adding some some tempalates anyway, could that be a quick and easy fix?

Comment

Your style doesn't appear to be all that complex or heavily modified. Start with the MEMBERINFO, headinclude, header, navbar, and footer templates. Edit them and click "View History". Compare them to the default that is listed.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          Your style doesn't appear to be all that complex or heavily modified. Start with the MEMBERINFO, headinclude, header, navbar, and footer templates. Edit them and click "View History". Compare them to the default that is listed.
                          ok sounds good, and thank you soooo very much for the assistance i really appreciate it...

Comment

HA!!!!!!!!! GOT IT, i created the second template like you siad, and started making changes on it, and copying some of the custom templates, i had, and found the problem in the Header template.

I used the new code, and then added in my slight changes for the GAB..

Thanks so much for your patience and help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X