Speech-mark turns to " in result of a query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speech-mark turns to " in result of a query

I have this query which trims the thread-title of the latest posts after another query fetches the latest posts. Everything works well except I've noticed that if this query trims the thread-title at a speech-mark ( " ) , instead of displaying the speech-mark in the result it shows &quot... instead. But if I increase the cut-off by a few more characters then the speech mark is displayed correctly. How can I make the query display the speech-mark without it displaying '&quot...' at certain lengths of cutoff?

Here is the query to trim the thread-title:

PHP Code:
    if (strlen($row['thread_title']) > $vbulletin->options['latest_trimplusthree']) 
           {  

// adds the cutoff ... with substr  

$row['thread_title'] = substr($row['thread_title'], 0$vbulletin->options['latest_trim']) . '...'
           } 

help please..

Comment

Since this requires custom coding, try asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X