Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Extremely simple questions

How do I increase my members PM's?

Where do I find the config.php so I can change my post count. I never found that.

Thanks

Originally posted by yumyumcat View Post
    How do I increase my members PM's?
    That is a group permission:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Maximum Stored Messages

Originally posted by yumyumcat View Post
    Where do I find the config.php so I can change my post count. I never found that.
    The config.php file is located at:

includes/config.php

To change your user's post count you would normally just edit your profile in the Admin CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      That is a group permission:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Maximum Stored Messages
      Thank you so much!!

The config.php file is located at:

includes/config.php

To change your user's post count you would normally just edit your profile in the Admin CP.
      Where's includes/config.php located *shame* Sorry, I'm a numbskull.....btw ~ I can't do that in my admin profile, cause it won't let me. I forgot the exact message, but it has to do with Security.

Comment

Oh. The config file has a setting for undeletable users (also means uneditable). So yes you need to edit the config file and remove yourself from that list before you can edit your profile in the Admin CP.

Comment

Oh. The config file has a setting for undeletable users (also means uneditable). So yes you need to edit the config file and remove yourself from that list before you can edit your profile in the Admin CP.
          Jake....sorry, but where's the config.file? I'm so sorry for my ignorance. I'm learning though!!

Comment

FTP into your server. Navigate to your forum directory. Inside of the forum directory is a directory called includes. The config.php file is in there.

Comment

FTP into your server. Navigate to your forum directory. Inside of the forum directory is a directory called includes. The config.php file is in there.
              Okay! Thanks!!

Comment

Back again *cringe* Okay, I found it, but I can't find my name. I guess I'm not supposed to be looking for a name right? Something in PHP code? I opened it up in notepad, but don't know what to remove and then put in back in, der, der, der..idiot here.

Comment

look for
                  $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = '';

between the '' will be the users id numbers that are undeletable.
                  Remove your id number and save

then edit your profile

then readd your id number and save

Comment

Diggazz is correct. That setting uses your userid not your username.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggazz View Post
                      look for
                      $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = '';

between the '' will be the users id numbers that are undeletable.
                      Remove your id number and save

then edit your profile

then readd your id number and save
                      Thanks so very much Diggazz ~ I appreciate your patience with me

I forgot to come back and thank ya's!!! THANK YOU! Thank you both very much!

Comment

Working...
                      X