Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Password Reminder from Admin - Issue since upgrading to 3.7.3

Hi:

Before the upgrade (was using 3.7.2 PL2) I could email the password reminder to a member via the vB Admin.

Now with 3.7.3, I get this message when trying to do so..

The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed.
    It looks as though it's trying to do image verification. I use Captcha

Thanks,
    David

Are you talking about this page?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

You will see that it does have a verification image. If yours isn't showing then it might be a style problem. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

Also make sure your selected human verification method is working:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Human Verification Manager (on the left, not the right)

If you are using image verification or recaptcha then make sure the image is showing correctly and the system is working. Otherwise you can try selecting a different method like Q&A verification which can be equally effective.

Comment

Hi Jake:

No, I'm talking about doing this in the vB Admin Control Panel.

Once a username is found, I then click the "Email Password Reminder To User"

As mentioned, this issue appeared just after upgrading from 3.7.2 PL2 to 3.7.3

Thanks,
      davrob

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=26215

Comment

Hi Mike:

Thank you very much. I did a search, but missed this.

Thanks again and you have an amazing product in vBulletin.

davrob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X