Just uploaded 3.7.3 file and now getting 404

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just uploaded 3.7.3 file and now getting 404

I just downloaded the 3.7.3 upgrade as I wanted to upgrade from 3.6.9. This was my first time upgrading and I followed the instructions to the letter and I FTP'd the files to my server. I then when to the next step to install them http://www.example.com/forums/install/upgrade.php
    and I got this error

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/install/upgrade.php was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at xxxxxx.xxxxxx.ie Port 80

Please help

Did you change the URL to use your forum URL? "example.com" is just an example.

Comment

I did and still the 404. Even the normal url by itself is giving a 404 now

Comment

Assuming the files exist on the server and the URL is correct, it might be a problem with the file / folder permissions. On *nix servers the folder permissions are usually CHMOD 755 and the files are usually 644. On Windows servers the internet user needs appropriate access (called INET something I think).

Comment

OK I will have a look and come back if I don't get anywhere but I believe they are OK too.

Comment

Would it have anything to do with updating the config file?

Comment

Originally posted by spicywedge View Post
              Would it have anything to do with updating the config file?
              Probably not.

Comment

If it helps I also get this error.
                Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /var/www/xxxxx.xxxxx.ie/web/index.php on line 29

Warning: require_once(./global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/xxxxx.xxxxx.ie/web/index.php on line 30

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/xxxxx.xxxxx.ie/web/index.php on line 30

Comment

Seems like you're missing files, try reuploading the files again.

Comment