Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I use profile pictures in profile comments and friends list instead of avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use profile pictures in profile comments and friends list instead of avatars

On my forum I have turned avatars off so I have no use of them in profile comments. However people use Profile Pics. How can I set it so that instead of displaying Avatars beside profile comments and on the friends list it shows the uploaded Profilepic instead?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, there is no function to do this. I'm pretty sure this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can use avatars for profile pics

Its kind of the opposite approach, but the end result is the same.

I did this, 1st I edited the member info template.profile_pic, replaced
      [profilepicurl] with [avatarurl]

this replaces the profile pic with the avatar.

2nd Allow custom avatars, but dont upload any avatars, make sure the avatar libraries are empty.

3rd. In the user_cp, main navigation shell, I remarked out the "Profile Picture" link. (this keeps them from accessing the upload profile pic page, which is now useless.)

4th. tinker with user settings for avatar, and profile pictures to control the height and width of the images, and other settings, I just setup rules for registered users. Profile max width=80, max height=100, and I set the avatars max width=80, max height=100. Note that these are set per user group basis, so make sure you look at it signed in as admin, and as a user. Set both group image settings the same to make sure.

Now users can upload an avatar, and it will be their profile picture. It also displays this profile pic in posts, friends lists etc.. Of course you can rename the Upload Avatar Link to Upload Profile pic, but users will land on avatar upload page anyway, might just add a line to that page that the avatar is also the profile pic. Seems to be working like I wanted, hope this helps.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X