X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluidkiti
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.8.x

Old Posts/New Posts

I recently moved my vbulletin database from one domain to another. Since the move when a member posts a first post in a forum in the thread for the new post it shows some old posts on top of the new post (actually merging from somewhere with the new post on its own.) Right now to fix the problem I am clicking on the old posts in the new thread and moving them to the appropriate forum. I was hoping to find a fix for this to lessen the load on me so I don't have to run around checking everyone's posts. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

The dates on new posts are wrong? That may be the result of the server clock being out of sync. The timestamps on new posts made on the new server would use the clock on the new server. Ask your host to check the server clock.

If that isn't it or I am misunderstanding the problem then I need more information. Please post a URL showing an example of this problem and point out specific posts.

Comment

• bluidkiti
      • Jun 2004
      • 3.8.x

I have provided an attachment here which I hope will help you better understand the problem.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by bluidkiti; Wed 20 Aug '08, 3:58am. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Nick
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.8.x

Can you elaborate? Why shouldn't that post be where it is (in reference to your screenshot)?
        Regards,
        Nick

Comment

• bluidkiti
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.8.x

The bottom post was a brand new post posted. It was not a reply to a thread. She was starting a new thread. I have had the same thing happen to me, the owner.

When you click on new thread button then post a post then click on submit what shows up next is the new post you posted starting a new thread and another post/s from somewhere else on the board. The old posts show on top of the new post. The old posts are not suppose to be there.

It's like when you post a new post starting a new thread for some reason these old post from other forums are merging themselves with the new post/thread and the command to merge has not been set. You are just starting a new thread.

Comment

• bluidkiti
            • Jun 2004
            • 3.8.x

Here is another example of one:

When the member posted this http://www.recoverycoffeeshop.com/fo...95&postcount=5 he was starting a new thread. Now look at the post after he clicked submit. His post that he posted is at the bottom and there are old posts from somewhere else on the board on the top and they are dated May, 2008 and his is dated Today. Those May posts are not suppose to be there. This doesn't do this all of the time. It is sporadic . It is on its own merging old posts with new threads when a member posts a new thread.

Comment

• bluidkiti
              • Jun 2004
              • 3.8.x

Here's another one: http://www.recoverycoffeeshop.com/fo...ad.php?t=17516

Comment

• bluidkiti
                • Jun 2004
                • 3.8.x

These are some I (bluidkiti) posted this morning as new threads and they do the same:

Comment

• bluidkiti
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 3.8.x

What is occurring is when a member posts a new thread and then clicks submit old posts from another forum are merging with the new thread looking as though you replied to an old thread instead of making a new thread. This does not happen all of the time. It is sporadic.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                    • Dec 2000
                    • 3.6.x

This was after a server move? It sounds like the database move didn't go well. Maybe you lost your unique indexes which can cause problems like this. I recommend moving the database from the old server again. Here are the recommend backup and restore methods:

Comment

• bluidkiti
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 3.8.x

Well, we moved the database and did a reinstall and and still the same problem. In some of the forums when you post a new thread it looks as though you have replied to a thread instead of being a new thread. Could this possibly have anything to do with newthread.php or showthread.php or templates?

Comment

• bluidkiti
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 3.8.x

I have just opened a support ticket concerning this issue.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                          • Dec 2000
                          • 3.6.x

Try running this block of queries in a program like phpmyadmin:

That may resolve this. Otherwise followup with the ticket and we can take a look.

Comment

• KS2A
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by bluidkiti
                            I have just opened a support ticket concerning this issue.
                            what was the resolution on this issue? my forum is experiencing this exact problem.
                            Last edited by KS2A; Fri 18 Dec '09, 2:28pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎