What is causing this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is causing this?

I have this problem all over my forum boards where the seperator line between some threads disappears. I have added two attachments to show this.
    I am using firefox to browse my forum.
    Attached Files

I didn't add any new addons or plugins nor did I install any new version of vbulletin or anything, I didn't edit the templates or anything around the time that this problem appeared.
    I do have addons installed but they were installed over a month ago or more and this problem has only started happening a couple of days ago.

Comment

Any ideas? no one going to try and help me?
      Additional information. This problem does not occur with internet explorer.

Comment

If you scroll the page up so you can't see the area affected and then scroll back down, is the line still gone? Is there anything unusual in the source code where the line doesn't show up?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Scrolling up and back down does not fix the missing seperator line. I have looked at the source code and nothing seems to be sticking out as messed up. I haven't edited any of the php files either.

Comment

Hmmm, strange. What about if you create a new default vbulletin style (create a new style with no parent)... is the line still gone?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Thanks Lynne, I tried as you suggested and it didn't work. I also tried disabling all plugins via the global disable option. I refreshed pages by holding down ctrl key and pressing F5 and the problem remains. I am baffled. Strangely it doesn't happen on this forum. I installed the latest version of vbulletin and did a full upgrade (not the patch) and it didn't fix the problem. Any more ideas what could be causing this?

Comment

I really don't know what is causing it, especially since it isn't consistent. I suppose the next thing I would do is play with a style not visible to the users and I'd play with the border sizes. Perhaps start with the StyleVars and see if I can increase those values and it would go away. However, what is really weird is that the problem didn't go away with using a default style. It should have gone away then unless something is interferring - like a modification.

Comment

Which browser are you using? .. can you provide us a link to your forum with this line-error?

I can't say what is causing this, perhaps a browser add-on, but I don't know. I could take a look if I see the missing lines as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                    I really don't know what is causing it, especially since it isn't consistent. I suppose the next thing I would do is play with a style not visible to the users and I'd play with the border sizes. Perhaps start with the StyleVars and see if I can increase those values and it would go away. However, what is really weird is that the problem didn't go away with using a default style. It should have gone away then unless something is interferring - like a modification.
                    I disabled mods globally though and used a new style. I did refreshed the page and no difference. Tried clearing browser cache etc. Which values do you recommend changing in styleVars?

Comment

Originally posted by nerofix View Post
                      Which browser are you using? .. can you provide us a link to your forum with this line-error?

I can't say what is causing this, perhaps a browser add-on, but I don't know. I could take a look if I see the missing lines as well.
                      I am using firefox. I wonder did the newly updated firefox version cause this? That would explain why the problem started happening out of the blue. The error does not occur in internet explorer though. The forum is private so you would need to register an account. It is www.thetrap.org.uk/forum/ It occurs in thread listing. Also it occurs in the notifications drop down as well sometimes. You can see the missing lines in the above picture.

Comment

It's a browser problem. Try reinstalling Firefox.
                        ~~~~~

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing in the new Firefox3 for Mac (odd missing forum border lines). We're also seeing issues with post windows not having visible or accurate cursors. Keyboard cursor commands do not work, either.

A re-install of Firefox doesn't cut it.

Comment

That's fine, but I do believe the problem is with the browser, not with vBulletin.
                            ~~~~~

Comment

Great, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X