Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug - Deleted thread still in moderation table

Hi,

this issue came to light after installing a mod but was not caused by the mod (now unstalled) & someone else has reported the same on vbulletin.org.

If I look for threads to moderate modcp shows 'no threads to moderate' so I cannot remove it via vB however if I look at the table 'moderation' there is one row in there. I know I can delete it via phpMyAdmin but this appears to be a bug & I would rather not mess about with the tables directly.

Can anyone help or should I raise a ticket?

Thanks.

If you can reproduce it on the default software then you can post a bug report. Otherwise it should be safe to empty the moderation table to get rid of that record.

Comment

If I remember right that bug has already been reported and fixed for the next version.
      ~~~~~

Comment

Ok, maybe it hasn't been fixed, but this looks like a similar issue. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=26119 If you report it, be sure to give the exact steps to replicate the issue.
        ~~~~~

Comment

Am afraid I cannot reproduce this but if it happens again I will try. I've looked at the bug reported above & I don't think this is what happened in my case as I think I 'deleted' a moderated thread via the Admin logon in modcp. The result was the same as 'moderated threads' showed as '0' both from wthin my user profile & via the admincp but there was still a thread in the moderation table which I have now deleted.

I think it is rather confusing that different terms are used in the two places where you can moderate:

in usercp it is called 'Delete' or 'Approve' & there is choice between soft or physical delete, in modcp it is called 'Validate' or 'Delete' & there is no choice between physical & soft delete although there is an option for 'notes'.

Why are these functions different?

Re the 'bug' I wondered whether it's possible that a glitch or timeout happened in between updating the moderation counter (I assume there must be something on another table for this anomaly to manifest itself) & deleting the actual record in the moderation table. Is that possible?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X