Restricted Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricted Forum

I've searched the forums here and haven't found an answer, nor did the topic in the help file "A Private Forum" (under the Practical Examples of Permission Schemes) really answer it either... I am 99.99% certain that the problem is with me and my understanding.

I want all registered users to access the forums (no problem here, I've got this set up).

Some users, however, will have access to a private forum.

For example, a select group of users (who will self-register) will qualify to be in a group called "Ultra Top Secret" and can read/post to the forum "UTS Stuff".

I created the forum, set it to private and created the user group, yadda, yadda, yadda.

It all works except for the join request. After registering, the user can request to join the group, but they are automatically added to it. I can't seem to get the request to go to the Join Request area on the Admin CP.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Rob

Add a leader to the group (a person that can approve join requests):

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Add Usergroup Leader (in the menu on the right)

Without a leader the join requests will be honored immediately.

Comment

That was what I was missing, thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X