Clear All

• Des_Lab
    replied
    Thank you Steve!

I'll give it a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Just set Allow User to Keep Banned Email Addresses to 'Yes' and they will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Des_Lab
    started a topic E-Mail Banning Options Current And Future Members

E-Mail Banning Options Current And Future Members

If I understand the CP directions correctly, I can prohibit all registrations from any E-mail address I want. I think I can also ban entire domains as well. I've had issues with a couple of spammers getting in lately. They have been banned.

In an effort to address that, I'd like to ban the most common disposable domains (Yahoo, GMail, Hotmail, etc.) where they all seem to come from in an effort to keep this at bay. And require new registrations to originate only from a legitimate paid ISP.

I realize that spamming 'comes with the territory' and that short of locking down the site to everyone, you're never going to get rid of it entirely. But you can at least make it a little harder for them.

So my question is. Let's suppose I want to ban the three domains listed above. I can do that. HOWEVER, some of my current (and good standing) members ALSO use those domains.

Would a ban on those domains effective today be 'going forward' only, or would they apply retroactively as well-which would jeapordize some of my current members?

If the latter is true, how can I apply the bans WITHOUT the unwanted side effect of tossing some good members as well?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X