Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB 3.7.2 Patch Level 1 Hacked Twice this week

Hi,

My forum which is upgraded to 3.7.2 Patch Level 1 has been hacked twice this week. Can anyone explain why is this or help me out to know the reason.

Thank you

Originally posted by bennac40 View Post
    Hi,

My forum which is upgraded to 3.7.2 Patch Level 1 has been hacked twice this week. Can anyone explain why is this or help me out to know the reason.

Thank you
    Not without more information.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I entered the forum and found a message like that one when the forum is down for maintenance. With a message saying "F***ed and Hacked". I tried loging in with my admin account but the password was changed. I tried to access with a user account it did open but the message is still there.

Comment

With respect, this could be anything from your server security to an insecure password to a rogue administrator to insecure hacks or 3rd party scripts.

There is nothing to prove this is vbulletin being hacked.

Comment

Why was only vBulletin affected and not the whole website. The server was not touched at all.

Comment

The fact only vBulletin was done suggests the issue is most likely to be a compromised password for an admin account.

If this was a vulnerability in vBulletin why are there so few sites running it who get hacked? I know if I was a hacker and I found a vulnerability that I wanted to do malicious things with, I would target large sites such as this one. However that was an only if I was, since I'm not, if ever I did find a vulnerability I would report it instead.
            http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/secure

If you are still being hacked after doing all of this, then they are most likely doing this by accessing your server. You need to contact your host about this.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you.. I will see what I can Do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X