Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick
    replied
    I also forgot to mention that FileZilla allows you to edit the list of extensions that are associated with Binary and the ones with ASCII.

But in Auto Mode, FileZilla does it just fine and has never messed up for me. I highly recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Your FTP client is supposed to be smart enough to figure out which is which, however some aren't. You need to set it up so these extensions are uploaded as ASCII:

php
    txt
    html
    css
    js
    htm
    xml

And these as Binary:

gif
    jpg
    jpeg
    png
    ico

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Most FTP programs have an Auto mode (FileZilla does) so you can upload them all at once and it will determine the appropriate way to upload them.
    I have never had any problems with it.

If you upload them in the wrong way, you may end up with corrupted files and they may be unreadable by some browsers.

Here is more information: http://www.webweaver.nu/html-tips/ascii-binary.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Mary303
    started a topic Clarification of file upload for 3.7 upgrade files

Clarification of file upload for 3.7 upgrade files

Searched for this but it may be hidden if the thread title isn't specific. Also did not find it in the upgrade instructions or the manual - could have missed it.

Image files - gif, html, png - upload as binary

Function files - php, anything else that appears to execute something - upload as ASCII

Is this correct?

What happens if the IMAGE file types are uploaded as ASCII?

Thanks!