X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmanuk
    • Aug 2008
    • 3.7.x

Restore/upgrade of forum posts only

I am in the process of creating a new website which will start out as a clone of an old one.

I made a sql backup from the old site (3.6) from within vbulletin.

On the new site, I restored that sql dump to my database, and installed the new vbulletin (3.7.2) with the upgrade option.

The vbulletin part is working nicely, but I am still having teething issues to resolve with the new site, mainly in some php scripts and styles.

Once they are resolved, I would prefer not to repeat the whole process, but the old forum is gathering new posts...

Is it possible to get an sql backup from the old forum, make a dummy installation on a machine not on the net, do install/upgrade to update the database, and then dump only the tables related to the forum users, posts etc, and replace those in the new live installation so that I just get the forum to catch up without changing everything else?

Or, can it be done without the upgrade stage, will vbulletin recognise and update those tables, or do they happen to be the same?

I just need to be sure which tables would result in a consistent installation.

Thanks for any help
    Paul
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

This is not possible. You need to restore entire databases and upgrade them as required. You cannot restore partial databases.

Comment