server ressources for conditionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server ressources for conditionals

I put the following conditions in my header template (among a couple of others):

PHP Code:
    <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'adv_index'">

Text 1
    <else />
     <if 
    condition="in_array($forumid, array(6))">

Text 2

<else />
      <if 
    condition="in_array($forumid, array(60))">

Text 3

<else />
       <if 
    condition="PHOTOPLOG_THIS_SCRIPT == 'index'">

<else />

Text 4

</if>
      </if>
     </if>
    </if> 
    How much is this going to affect the server resources and the time for the page to load?

Template conditionals don't add any aditional load onto your server
    What's My Pagerank | Piano Chords Chart | Audio Tutorials | Composer Forum | Admin Templates | IPB Skins | Button Generator

Comment

I know that the templates are cached.
      But before they get cached, they need to be compiled. And there is so much dynamic information that changes frequently...

I want to ask this again:
      I switched over to a new forum style recently and I wonder if it could have an impact on the performance?

As a single individual, I don't notice the change. But if I activate the style for all members as the default style, could it have an impact on the performance?

Comment

Originally posted by flashgordon View Post
        I know that the templates are cached.
        But before they get cached, they need to be compiled. And there is so much dynamic information that changes frequently...

I want to ask this again:
        I switched over to a new forum style recently and I wonder if it could have an impact on the performance?

As a single individual, I don't notice the change. But if I activate the style for all members as the default style, could it have an impact on the performance?
        It all depends on how image-heavy your style is. If all you did was change colors, there are no changes to your performance. On the other hand, if your style IS image-heavy then expect your bandwidth to go up very fast.

In summary, the more image-heavy your style is, the higher load there is to your server because it takes more time for a user to load the style completely. However, if you have a good webhost/dedicated server, there should be no significant drops in your speeds.

Comment

So it doesn't matter at all how many conditions I have in the templates?

I am talking about conditions like:
          if condition="STYLEID=='X'"
          if condition="THIS_SCRIPT=='X'"
          if condition="$bbuserinfo=='X'"
          if condition="$bbuserinfo[fieldX]=='X'"
          if condition="$userinfo[fieldX]=='X'"
          if condition="in_array($forumid, array(X))"
          and others...

Comment

Working...
          X