Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A unregisterd name edited a mods thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A unregisterd name edited a mods thread?

OK, i have this small issue.Im not sure how but a unregisterd user edited a mods thread?Im clueless to how he got in to edit that post. this happened about 2 mnths ago,and im just now noticing this.I dont think its happened since i updated vbull.But im curious can ppl hack into this or what?Shouyld i be worried about others trying to hack into this?.

I have updated vbull and removed alot of addons.Not sure if those had anything to do with it.

and i have not noticed this happen again but i just have ?? how they did it.

It would be hard to tell at this point since it's been so long and your've also updated your board. It could have been that you had the permissions set wrong for the unregistered usergroup or it could have been that you had a modification installed that caused the problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

That cannot happen with the default vB code and if the permissions are set correctly. Are you sure this member was unregistered when he edited this? It's possible is account was deleted subsequently.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X