Exclude some Forums from New Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude some Forums from New Posts

What is the best (or the only) way to exclude posts from certain forums appearing in New Posts?
    Regards,
    Nick

How To Include / Exclude Forums From "New Posts"
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks

For some reason I just don't get the idea to look in Quick Tips from older versions.
      Perhaps neutral Quick Tips (that will work in every version) such as that one, should be moved to the Quick Tips for 3.7.
      Regards,
      Nick

Comment

I've added that to the regular Quick Tips forum. Thanks for pointing that out.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Glad I could help
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

There is also this hack:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91025

Comment

LOL I'm glad you posted that, because I was about to go create a secondary usergroup for users to join or not if they want to see the new posts from the certain forum, and then surround the New Posts link with a conditional.

However, there is some dispute about that hack working on 3.7. Can you personally confirm it does?
              Regards,
              Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X