Corrupt tables - backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupt tables - backup

I've written a cron job to dump the database out and, gzip it, and ftp it to my backup server

However running it today it locked up and I had to reboot the server

I've fixed the problem but noticed then while editing a post vbulletin told me the postid table was marked as crashed (eek)

I repaired the postid table - all seems ok... (will I need to rebuild any indexes now or anything)?

Also it was probably the server lock up that did it, but could it have been the backup job?

Is there anyway to turn the vbulletin off while it does the backup, then turn it back on again?

You will have to manually turn it off or write a custom script to do that. For the latter, try asking at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What about the postindex table - was marked as crashed for 30mins

Do I need to rebuild it?
      How?

Comment

To fix this run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue

If you cannot access the Admin CP you can also use phpMyAdmin to repair tables.

Also please see these instructions for other available methods to repair a database:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/repair.html
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Never mind.. just realised its the main search index... rebuilding now

600,000 posts - thats going to take a while

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X