No announcement yet.

Oldest and News posts fault, possibly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest and News posts fault, possibly.

Hello,

One of my members' just reported the following problem. I'm unable to figure what it could be.

On posting a reply or new thread it takes me back to the oldest post in the thread more often than the newest. my selected options are newest first.
    He says this happens with both Firefox and IE7. I only have a few hacks, and I can't really see any of them messing with the old & new posts option.

Any ideas?

-- Jason
    Last edited by Jason2; Thu 24th Jul '08, 8:39am.

Which link is he clicking? There are different links which can anchor you in different parts of the thread. For example, clicking the last post image () in the Last Post column will take you directly to the last post in the thread. Just clicking on the title of the thread on the forumdisplay page will take you to the first page of the thread which can show either the newest or oldest posts depending on their user preference.

Comment

Here's what he said:

eg: when i get e-mail it now takes me to the newest post. when i reply to a post by clicking "post reply" above the post i get the editor. on completion of my reply i select "submit reply" it returns me to the oldest post.
      -- Jason

Comment

That's not right. It should take him to the post he just made.

Are you able to reproduce the problem yourself? It might be a client problem.

Comment

I've just made a post using the settings Newest First and it never used AJAX quick reply, it just took me to the last post of the thred, which was quite a few pages back. Very strange.

Comment

This is just a test post to see if I can reproduce the problem here.....

EDIT: Doesn't happen here.... I wonder what the problem could be. Let me try disabling the plugin/hook system. Seemed to do the trick. I'll have to find the problematic one tomorrow. Strange tho', as not any of the hacks I have should mess with the Newest Posts.

For the /install directory, I have: File version mismatch: found 3.7.2, expected 3.7.2 Patch Level 1. This wouldn't be a problem, would it? Just thought I'd ask anyway.
            Last edited by Jason2; Thu 24th Jul '08, 2:10pm.

Comment

That is normal if you patched 3.7.2.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Found the problematic hack... going look at fixing it. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X