Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way to auto promote Additional->Primary group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoodOmens
    replied
    Originally posted by Vinyljunky View Post
    There will be something at vbulletin.org
    Thanks guys. I figured that would be the case but wanted to check to make sure.

I want to avoid hacking when possible.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyljunky
    replied
    Originally posted by GoodOmens View Post
    Is there a way to automatically change a users primary group from a specified group he is a additional member of? Then have his primary group changed to a additional group?
    Thanks!
    There will be something at vbulletin.org

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is no built-in way to do that. It will require a custom script.

Leave a comment:

• GoodOmens
    started a topic Way to auto promote Additional->Primary group?

Way to auto promote Additional->Primary group?

Is there a way to automatically change a users primary group from a specified group he is a additional member of? Then have his primary group changed to a additional group?

I know this can be done on a user by user method but I was wondering if there was a way I can do it automatically via script etc?

Even better would be when the users request to join a public user group is approved his status gets changed on the spot. I don't want to promote everyone on the board just users who are additional members of the public group.

When I try to do the promotion feature it tells me not to allow groups to join itself. The reason I'm asking is because I use a mod that looks at the primary user group for permissions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GoodOmens; Fri 18 Jul '08, 7:00am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X