Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way to auto promote Additional->Primary group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to auto promote Additional->Primary group?

Is there a way to automatically change a users primary group from a specified group he is a additional member of? Then have his primary group changed to a additional group?

I know this can be done on a user by user method but I was wondering if there was a way I can do it automatically via script etc?

Even better would be when the users request to join a public user group is approved his status gets changed on the spot. I don't want to promote everyone on the board just users who are additional members of the public group.

When I try to do the promotion feature it tells me not to allow groups to join itself. The reason I'm asking is because I use a mod that looks at the primary user group for permissions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GoodOmens; Fri 18 Jul '08, 7:00am.

There is no built-in way to do that. It will require a custom script.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodOmens View Post
      Is there a way to automatically change a users primary group from a specified group he is a additional member of? Then have his primary group changed to a additional group?
      Thanks!
      There will be something at vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Vinyljunky View Post
        There will be something at vbulletin.org
        Thanks guys. I figured that would be the case but wanted to check to make sure.

I want to avoid hacking when possible.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X