Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi...trying to make subcategories that don't appear on my main page

Hi all,

I'm trying to add new categories to my board. However, I want to have one category displayed on the main page, and when a user clicks on that topic, I want sub-topics to display after that. I have played with the opions for each topic but can't seem to get it right. I do NOT want the subs to appear on the main page, only once a user clicks on the main topic...is that possible to set up, and if so....how?

thanks!

J

bump....any help is appreciated...I know it should be easy, but I can figure it out.

J

Comment

I believe this is correct:

Add New Forum > Select "Act as Forum (Will act as category if no)" Select NO.

Next create your subforum and select the category you made as the "Parent Forum"

Then at the Select "Act as Forum (Will act as category if no)" prompt Select YES.

Comment

Hi....thanks so much, but I had tried that without getting the result. I opened a ticket and got the answer...very very simple, but I never would have figured it out on my own.

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support. Under vBulletin Options -> Forum Listing Display Options, set the depth of forums on Forum Home to 1.

For the future searchers if they have this issue too.

J

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X