Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB time problems

I have been trying to fix a problem the time in VB

when I put the server to my time zone, and my profile is set to my time zone when I post I get the correct time that the post was made, but when another member posts VB shows that the time is off from his/her "real time" even though they have the correct time settings in there profile!

If I understand you correctly, this is not possible with the correct settings and the default vB code.

vBulletin gets its time from the server. You need to set the timezone in the Admin CP to whatever you want the default to be and the DST settings should match whatever settings are on the server.

Then each user needs to set their local timezones/DST in the User CP. If you do this correctly and the server time is correct, then the correct times will show.

This also assumes that you have not modified the footer template to affect the DST detection code in it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have done all this and still there is always something "out of sinc"
      I have 2 guys that help me with VB and know alot more then I do and they are stumped as to what the problem is.

Comment

I guarantee that the info in my post is correct.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X