Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little more info:

I can duplicate this problem on my desktop machine using IE 7.05730.13

My lap top has IE version 7.05730.11 and does not have the problem.

Computer related and not browser related???

Now that I have seen the problem it is REALLY bad and annoying

This is what happens. I go to this URL: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=219507
    The page tries to refresh three times
    I then get a message which says:
    IE cannot open the Internet site: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=219507
    Operation Aborted

Comment

I get a javascript error on the page, I'm guessing your ads or other custom coding is the cause of the issue.

If you add a new style with no parent via the admincp and try to browse that page without the ads does the same issue happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        If you add a new style with no parent via the admincp and try to browse that page without the ads does the same issue happen?
        Yes, I already posted in this thread that I created a new style and still have the same results. Dead stock setup showing the Vb banner at the top.

Comment

Can i have a link to the default style?

Comment

I also had the same problem.

I had only basic set up and no extra modules - just the default installation.

However it happened only in one of my systems in firefox browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              Can i have a link to the default style?
              http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...php?styleid=43

I am having the problem here:
              http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...81#post1977481

and here:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=209636

I just learned that by turning off the Plugin/Hook system the problem stops. Should that be affecting the default style though???

Comment

Yes, plugins and modifications can modify the default style.

Comment

Well... now to figure out which hacks I have in common with the other members

Here's my list for them to compare to:

vBulletin 3.7.2
                  Archive Adsense 1.0 Adds Adsense banners to the top and bottom of your archive pages.

AutoBump 1.00 AutoBumps threads with no replies after a specified period of time.

Commbull 4.2 Community Bulletin

Cyb - Sub-Forum Manager 2.4 Cyb - Sub-Forum Manager

Force Style for Selected Users or Groups 3.7.004 This hack will force a style of your choosing to userid(s), usergroupid(s) or membergroupids(s) you have specified, unless you have specifically assigned a custom style to a forum in Forum Manager and override the users' style choice for that forum.

ibProArcade for vBulletin 2.6.7 ibProArcade - professional Arcade System for vBulletin

Members who have Visited 4.42 Display members who have visited the forum.

Miserable Users 2.12 A way to really annoy anyone you don't want visiting your forum.

Mobile Device Detection 1.0.0 Detect and Force Mobile Device Users to Specific Style

Mobile Style Options 0.0.3 A collection of options to customise the Mobile style

Moderator Statistics 2.0 Creates a link misc.php?do=moderator_stats where you can view stats on your moderators.

Next Generation Postbit Legacy View 1.0.0

Nick's Forum Home Announcment 1.5 Adds a forum an annoucment to forum home.

One-touch Ban & Spam Cleanup 1.1 Bans a user, deletes all their threads, posts and PMs

Personal Notepad 4.1 Give users a personal notepad they can store text in.

SEO Video Mod 1.0 This mod will enable your users to publish videos on your site and will optimize the published videos for Search Engines.

Separate Sticky and Normal Threads 1.0.5 Separate Sticky and Normal Threads

Top Posters 3.7.002 Display the Forums Top Posters

vB Survey System 1.9a A Survey System for vBulletin

vBadvanced CMPS 2.2.1 (vB 3.6) vBadvanced Content Management & Portal System

vBPicGallery 10.0.4 A lightweight photo gallery by noppid.

Welcome Headers 4.1.1 Boost registration and activity rates with more visible guest welcome and member status messages.

[Add/Import Product]

vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2

Comment

As of now it looks like I nailed it. I started disabling the products one at a time. This one seems to be the culprit:

I hope I'm not speaking too soon as the problem has been intermittant, but a couple of my mods have told me it's working for them as well.

Comment

This is a add-on. Right ?

I never even heard about any of above add-ons and never installed even one.
                      But the problem is still there for me even with default vB installation.

I am not sure if that's browser / system issue or vB issue. Let me see...

Comment

Yes, that's an add on. Sorry that what fixed mine won't work for you

Hopefully the folks here at Vb will get it figured out.

Comment

Working...
                        X