Threads list via External javascript not working for one forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads list via External javascript not working for one forum

After upgrading from 3.0x to 3.7.1 I can't get the threads list via external.php javascript for just one forum. It's working for all forums, but not for a particular one. This forum is accessible for everyone.

Any ideas?

Which forum and what are you doing exactly?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Which forum and what are you doing exactly?
      Please, look at the bottom test #4

Comment

That is not the link to a vB forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That is not the link to a vB forum.
          Exactly, this is the link to the html page where I'm trying to get threads titles via external.php javascript.

Here the link to the forum, if you prefer: http://81.176.225.150/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Comment

That feed works for me. What are you doing exactly?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by ALcorn View Post
              Test #4 works for you?

Comment

Again this works:

http://www.infrance.ru/forum/external.php?type=RSS2

I have no idea what you are doing on this page:

http://www.infrance.ru/golos.html

That's not a vB page. Since this involves custom coding, please ask for help over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Again, I'm talking about http://www.infrance.ru/forum/external.php?type=js

And if you try this, you will see that there's nothing in the array for this particular forum for no reason (at least for me).

I have no idea what you are doing on this page:

http://www.infrance.ru/golos.html
                  I'm trying to get last 10 threads from a particular forum via external.php using JavaScript.

It's maybe require custom coding, but there's no reason that this script return an empty array. That's my question.

Comment

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider -> Enable External Javascript -> Yes

If you still have this problem after that, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider -> Enable External Javascript -> Yes

If you still have this problem after that, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
                      Steve, I already tried that (I'm reading the manuals ), but nothing change. Again, I don't understand why this return a fully populated array, and this return an empty one.

Comment

If you really have removed all add-ons and confirmed this with the default vB code, then please report this in the Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?projectid=6

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm having the same problem.
                          One forum will not display the threads/posts on external in any format. JS-RSS

Comment

Try this.
                            http://www.infrance.ru/forum/externa...&lastpost=true

It gives you one post. Better than nothing.
                            Perhaps if you change the settings admincp in the external provider to 90 days you will get more results.

Comment

Originally posted by smnoel View Post
                              Perhaps if you change the settings admincp in the external provider to 90 days you will get more results.
                              Thank you - setting 365 days in the forum settings solved my problem

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X