Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I lost track of all kinds of permissions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost track of all kinds of permissions...

Hello,

Last week I upgraded from vBulletin 3.7.6 to 3.7.1 and I got a notice about updated/changed permissions in the admincp. A few days after the upgrade I got mails from almost all moderators that they are not able to post or edit (not even their own posts).

I've checked the permissions everywhere in the admincp, but I lost track of the permission completely. I really do not know anymore which permissions are overriding other permissions, and where you can set what kind of permissions.

For example I want to give my usergroup "Employees" permissions to edit posts of other too. But for some reason I cannot do this anymore without giving those users super moderator permissions. Those employees are not moderators so they do not to have all other permissions that moderators have...

Can I read somewhere where to set which permissions and which permissions override other permissions?

Best regards,
    Raymond

AdminCP > UserGroups > UserGroup Manager > Edit Selected UserGroup.
    Xbox Fan-site: www.XboxCommunity.net

Xbox 360 Achievements: www.x360achievements.com

Comment

There you can for example not set permission to edit other's posts, only "Can Edit Own Posts". Those permission are very low level permissions... no moderator permissions there!

Comment

Okay, well for mod permissions, you can do this forum by forum as you wish at AdminCp > UserGroups > Forum Permissions. then 'edit' the usergroup for each forum. hope this helps.
        Xbox Fan-site: www.XboxCommunity.net

Xbox 360 Achievements: www.x360achievements.com

Comment

Those permission listed there are the same "low level" permissions, so only "Can Edit Own Posts" is available there...

Comment

I'm having similar issues with 3.7.0 (upgraded from 3.6.x):

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276915

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251533
            Project Management Knowledge Base
            Project Planning Info

Comment

I finally found out the real problem, so I was able to fix it! For some reason during the upgrade my custom usergroups were configured to not allow additional usergroups to overwrite settings!

Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> {Select Usergroup} -> Edit Usergroup -> Allow Users to have Member Groups -> Yes

Thanks,
              Raymond

Comment

In my case, there seemed to be an issue with vBSEO until I rebuilt the bitfields:

http://yourforumsroot/admincp/index....buildbitfields
                Project Management Knowledge Base
                Project Planning Info

Comment