Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimmi
    replied
    to upgrade your board you are going to need a ftp so you can upload the files..

Leave a comment:

• Chief Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Yangster View Post
    From what I have read on here it is simply a case of downloading the latest version and using the upgrade facility in the admin control panel.
    Can someone please point me to where this upgrade facility is in the admin control panel?
    This will be my second upgrade, so if there is a way to upload the new version program files through VB admin control, I won't need to use a FTP client again.
    Thanks!
    Jill

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    Just be sure and backup your db and home directory first.

Leave a comment:

• Kinneas
    replied
    It depends on how customised your forum is. The actual upgrade itself should be easy (Just upload/overwrite the old files, run the install) but if you use custom skins/modifications they may need to be updated afterwards. 3.6 -> 3.7 has quite a lot of template changes so you will probably need to find an updated version of your custom skin, or manually edit the necessary templates (These will be flagged up after the install) - Some modifications will still work after the upgrade but others might needs to be updated as well.

Leave a comment:

• Yangster
    started a topic Upgrade virgin please help 3.6.8 to 3.7

Upgrade virgin please help 3.6.8 to 3.7

Hi everyone,

Please help me. I am a vBulletin upgrade virgin having never performed one before.

From what I have read on here it is simply a case of downloading the latest version and using the upgrade facility in the admin control panel. But having read other things it appears that 3.7.x is a major change so would someone please tell me if it is simple or not or should I be paying for someone to do it for me?